Monday, May 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Sam

May 4 2008

Today is my son’s birthday and as I look back on the last two years it has gone very quick. I miss him a lot, but I can only tell you that I know that my wife and I believe that God’s hand has never been taken away. His love has been very evident and His promises have stayed true to us: ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD TO THOSE WHO LOVE GOD.
Well we both love our Savior, our Father, our Helper, and through the things we have gone through we have seen HIS hand and we have tasted that HIS PURPOSES are good. We have tasted His kindness and that is why we continue to do what we do.
His will is perfect but the problem was that I was not willing to accept it. The other day my wife and I were talking, we both were saying we would not change anything in our lives. This was huge because of the emotions that we sometimes allow to control us. Of course there are things that we wished would have worked differently but… then there would also be people who would never have been impacted, people who would have never come to church or people who never would have taken that step of faith of receiving Christ. So to them God’s plan is perfect and so it should be for Jess and I. So we celebrate in the same way that God chose king David, Jacob, Joseph, Esther…ordinary people to reflect HIS will…we thank God that He chose us to be Samuel Patton Molina’s parents.

If you haven't seen Samuel's slide show heres the address!
http://www.frank.nu/samuel.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that slideshow gets me misty every single time i watch. We thought of you much on the 4th. Love you guys big time.

Anonymous said...

You and Jess are my superhero. Thanks for continuing to encourage people even 2 years later. You both are such a blessing!