Friday, May 16, 2008

SEEING THE WALK



I was encouraged today by a conversation I had with a volunteer from Homestead. His name is Fred and he is very meticulous in every decision he makes, but when he makes the decision he is all in.

Fred told me that he began attending Christ Fellowship in Palmetto Bay right before we launched our Homestead Campus. When we were asking people to sign up to join the launch team. He did, and his plan was to commit to Homestead for six months.

He began to worship and volunteer in Homestead. He never let us know was that he suffers from chronic physical pain. Pain that sometimes does not let him get through the day. He never complained, just always worked hard and made sure to help wherever there was any need.

About a month ago, two years since the Homestead Campus launch, Fred came to me and told me that God was dealing with him. He said that he could not express how awesome it was to be a part of a team and most important that he had a family. He also told me that he was ready to make the commitment to membership and also to be baptized.

So today he was telling me that he was talking to some of his friends and that they had noticed a changed in him. They began to ask what had happened? I thought, “Wow! I know what comes next… he told about the decisions he had made.” But no, he said nothing to them about what had happened. He did say that when he sees them next month, if they cannot SEE the difference then they are blind. He wants them to SEE His new way of life, the change that God has made in him.

1 comment:

Ileana said...

He seems like a great guy!