Monday, February 25, 2008

Afraid of Heights?

This Morning I was reading Habakkuk 3 and I came across “A Hymn of Faith”. As I read I though about my life and my family and how our Faith is not dependant on circumstance, but yet the circumstances will bring me closer to God. OR will they? I know they should but sometimes I don’t want to get closer.

Verse 19 says that “The LORD God is my strength ; He will make my feet like deer’s feet, and HE will make me walk on high hills.

So what this promises me is that even though it seems that I am going to fall God will make sure that he equips me and prepares me NOT to fall, but also My Faithful God will help me climb higher. So then I think… “But I’m afraid of heights! There is no way I am going to make it all the way up there with YOU LORD!”

But if I don’t climb I will not be able to see what HE wants me to SEE I will not learn what HE wants me to learn!

So today I choose to believe that God is who He said HE IS, FAITHFUL and climb to where HE is leading me.

I will not be afraid of Heights!

No comments: