Friday, November 28, 2008

The Father's Love

I was sitting with Gabriela on the plane Tuesday heading to PA for Thanksgiving, and something really funny happened. She did something that reminded me of... ME!

I had bought some candy for her so that she could have a snack on the plane since, of course, there are no longer complimentary snacks... SO

She ASKED FOR THE CANDY... and I, being her FATHER, gave it to her. I poured the candy on her tray. I later proceeded to try to get a piece of candy from her and was flatly denied! She covered the candy with her hands and said that it was hers! So I explained to her that I was the one who had bought the candies and that she would not have them if I had never given them to her... it did not matter... THEY WERE HERS!


What did this remind me of?

ME with my heavenly FATHER!

THANK YOU PAPA for all that you give me, and please forgive me for holding on to those things that YOU have given me!

I did end up getting candy from her in the end... I just took it!

No comments: