Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Conflict Resolution


I grew up bringing the New Year with firecrackers and staying up all night long! So the other night Jess and I were talking about our plans for the holidays and I shared with her that I could not wait for new years so that all of us could pop fireworks! She replied that we were not going to do that. She believed fireworks should only be popped once a year… you know that celebration in July! So here was a little conflict and I had no idea how to resolve it.

Then Paper, Rocks, scissors came to mind… yep this is what was on the line: If I lost, we would only pop fireworks once a year but if Jess lost we would pop them twice a year. I knew my wife was a risk taker just because she married me, but she wanted this to be done through one round… not best out three! (The norm)

So the pressure was on!

Of course you can guess the outcome since I am blogging about! And yes, she will tell you that I psyched her out! That some how I confused her in this wonderful and easy game!

So if you want to come over to my house on the December 31 we will bring in the New Year with a huge BANG! So come and be a part! just bring your own fireworks!

No comments: