Wednesday, June 4, 2008

scattered thoughts

For the next few days I will probably talk about Jonah… I know you probably have heard this story way to many times, you probably know the song that goes along with this.
As I studied this book there are valuable lessons that I gathered from here! But first let me tell you that I have probably read this small book many times for the last two weeks. Its one of those things that as I want to go to another book the Lord just continues to tell me to read it again. I know I am a knucklehead and it takes a while to grasp the lesson God wants me to learn…So I will let you into my crazy mind….by the way, I like to ask questions that probably will not have answers but it is still good to ask them, at least I think its good..

So lets start…

The first chapter tells me that Jonah gets the message from God and he wants nothing to do with it... To the extent that when he gets in the boat and goes to bottom of it and falls asleep…all this to GET AWAY FROM GOD. Kinda like Adam and Eve… when they hid themselves from the presence of God. So in my mind I think he must have been ashamed of what he was doing to the point that he must have been depressed for his outright disobedience.

I have seen this not just in my life but also in the lives of other people. They are ashamed of what they are doing and Satan fills them with guilt… because of this guilt they feel they cannot be used by God and therefore try to hide from God… by staying away from studying the word or even going to church…

Needless to say there is nowhere I can go that will separate me from God… Thank You God… somehow in my little mind I think that if I don’t talk to you I am separating myself from YOU…. But You God, will not let me go! You are so patient with me and for that I thank you…

My prayer is that I may have the courage TODAY to do what You want me to do not what I want to do … God You are wonderful and loving…

Questions to ponder about:

Why did he not want the people to hear of God?

Did he just want to be exclusive with God?

Can I ever be that way?

No comments: